Bright’s Grove Public Ice Rink
The Bright’s Grove Optimist Club is happy to present its outdoor public ice rink for the second year.
The rink, located at Lakeshore Community Church (2815 Old Lakeshore Rd) is open to the public from 6am – 10pm, weather dependent. Please watch our Facebook Page, Twitter (@bgicerink) or the website for updated information about opening times.
The rink is free to use and the following rules apply:
Rules of Conduct
– Anyone using the rink is doing so at their own risk and voluntarily assuming all risk associated with its use. The Brights Grove Optimist Club and Lakeshore Community Church do not accept responsibility for related risks or injuries.
– It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA approved helmet while on the ice.
– Stay off the rink during inclement or mild weather (both for your safety and maintaining the integrity of the rink).
– Please respect the skating schedule as posted
– Avoid use of the parking lot on Sundays from 9AM to 1PM
– Please respect the Lakeshore Community Church property by not littering and following paths to and from the rink.
The following is prohibited:
– Accessing the rink between 10PM and 6AM
– Alcohol or drug use on or near the rink
– Carrying food or drinks on the ice surface
– Rough play, speed and figure skating, and multiplayer games (i.e. tag, races)
– Inappropriate behavior.
– Playing hockey while non-players are on the ice surface
– Skating is open to the public between 6AM and 10PM
– Hockey should only be played when public, casual skaters are not on the ice, or in a smaller area to allow public skaters access to the ice
– It is highly recommended that all participants wear a CSA approved helmet with full-face mask, hockey gloves, and a neck protector
– Keep pucks down on the rink surface to prevent injury to players and spectators